Oceans are places to be admired. There is nothing much more welcoming than the blue ocean. The turquoise blue waters of the European beaches are a mesmerizing beauty. With many amazing resorts, water sports and historic islands and places, Europe is a kind of dream for tourists all over the world. European beaches never fail to amuse us. Every one of them offers a different kind of experience. There are many beach sides in Europe and it is really hard to pick one. The following are some of the top most beautiful beach sides in Europe specially handpicked for you!
Top Beaches in Europe
1. Ibiza: Ibiza is a haven of beautiful beaches. This mesmerizing place on the Spanish Island is always the number one beachside on the European continent. With amazing nightlife and water sports, Ibiza welcomes each of its tourists with an amazing beachside experience. Cala Jondal, Cala D’ Hort, Ses Salines, Cala Xucla and Talamanca are some of the popular beaches in Ibiza. May to October is the best time to visit Ibiza. To explore Ibiza and its beaches fully, a total of five days is required to complete the trip. Ibiza is also one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Activities to do: Beach and Cave Cruise Tour, Ibiza Beach Hopping Cruise, and Sunset Boat Tour
Places to visit near in Ibiza: Es Vedra, Dalt Vila, Cala Tarida, Santa Gertrudis, Puerto De Ibiza
2. Sardinia: It is the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. It is in Sardinia’s Sinis Peninsula, where some of its beautiful beaches are located. With the background of pristine hills, dunes, cliffs and rock formations, the beaches of Sardinia give us a wonderful beachside experience. The Fluorescent Turquoise waters of Sardinia are one of the most popular tourist destinations. Costa Sud, Maddalena Islands, Capo Testa, and Costa Smeralda are some of the popular beach sides in Sardinia.
Activities to do: Guided Boat Excursion, Dolphin Sighting Tour, Underground Cagliari Tour, and Catamaran Excursion tours.
Places to visit: Cagliari, Gola Di Gorropu, Alghero, and Capo Testa
3. Zakynthos: This Greek Island is one of the most popular beaches in European contact. With many water sports and amazing resorts, Zakynthos welcomes tourists from all over the world to explore its beauty. Agios Nikolaos, Alykanas, and Tsilivi are some of the popular beaches here. To enjoy the beauty of the great Ionian Sea, January to April is the best time to visit and explore Zakynthos’s beaches. Wonderful and mesmerizing landscapes, rocky cliffs and many other natural beauties make Zakynthos one of the amazing tourist destinations in Europe.
Activities to do: Scuba Diving, Hiking and other water sports
Places to visit near: Shipwreck Beach (Navagio Beach), Byzantine Museum, Blue Caves and Zakynthos Town.
4. Corfu: This Island group in Greek welcomes tourists from all over the world with its pristine and mesmerizing fluorescent turquoise waters. Corfu or Kerkyra is part of the great Ionian Islands April to May and September to November is the best time to visit this Island beauty of Europe. Palaiokastritsa, Sidari, Kassiopi, and Agios Georgios are some of the popular beach sides in Corfu. With many Resorts, Hotels and other high-class facilities, Corfu welcomes people from all over the world to explore its beauty.
Activities to do: Water sports, Kayaking, Ding, and Parasailing
Places to visit: Corfu Town, Cape Drastis, Canal D’ Amour, Paradise Beach, Vlacherna Monastery and Porto Timoni.
5. Palma: Palma is the largest city on the Balearic Island in Spain. Palma is located on the historic Mallorca Island and is known for its mesmerizing beaches and cosmopolitan lifestyle. Cala Major, Calo Del Maro, Platja de Can Pere Antoni, Cala Marmols and Cala Mondrango are some of its famous beach sides. The turquoise blue waters of these beaches are a very splendid sight and give us an amazing experience of the European beaches. The panoramic beauty of these waters is also one of the major reasons for their popularity. March to May is the best time to visit the place.
Activities to do: Catamaran Cruise, Scuba Diving, Dolphin Watching and sunrise coats cruise
Places to visit: Hama’ caves, Palma Cathedral, Palma Aquarium, Royal palace of Almudaina, Cuevas del Drach and Bellver Castle.
6. Santorini: This Aegean beauty never fails to amuse us with its ethereal beauty. This historical beauty is also famous for its beautiful and amazing beach sides. Santorini is famous for its unique art of vine-making and vineyards. Because of the presence of volcanoes here, the sands in Santorini are mainly black. Not all beaches have black sand, many of the beaches on the south coast are even more colourful. Perissa, Kamari, Perivolos, Red beach, and Vlychada are some of the popular Santorini beach sides. Late March to early June and early September to late October are the best time to visit Santorini beaches.
Activities to do: Quad Bike ride, Jet Ski Safari, Scuba diving, Parasailing, Helicopter tours, and sea kayak excursion
Places to visit: Oia, Red Beach, Thera, Imerovigli, Pyrgos kallistis, and Megalochori
We all have one life. Then why are we sticking only to one place? Explore the world and its wonderful sights. Europe never fails to amuse the one who seeks its beauty. European beach sides refill us with that peace and calmness we needed. Don’t waste any more of your precious time and start backpacking now!